VOA60 - Africa for July 15th, 2011
1. Somalia: Drought in southwestern Somalia captured on film by VOA stringer Sahra Abdi Ahmed.
2. Kenya: Hospital in Wajir District struggles to care for children near starvation because of drought.
3. Ivory Coast: Food maker Nestle sends out more disease resistant cocoa plants.
4. Egypt: Protesters at Friday prayers ramp up their week-long demonstration against slow pace of reforms.
5. Madagascar: To delight of spectators men risk their lives in the ancient sport of Savika — bull wrestling.
6. US: Elves, witches and wizards line up for the US opening of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.”
VOA 60 is a 1 minute overview of the day’s top news stories — comprised of compelling video clips with simple captions. It is short, concise, and straight to the point so that viewers will be able to get their daily dose of news in less time.
In terms of underrated Tumblr resources, VOA 60 is pretty high up there on the list. If you haven’t checked out their videos, now would be a great time.