The coolest place on the internet, according to this tagline.
Ask • Archive • FAQ
April 12, 2012
Jill Biden and I started this initiative to make sure that this country - which is a grateful nation - to make sure that we do whatever we can to honor the service of our troops, our veterans, and their families.
First Lady Michelle Obama • Promoting Joining Forces, her campaign with Jill Biden, on The Colbert Report. Last night, Stephen Colbert tweeted “Supporting our troops takes more than wearing a ribbon, unless that ribbon says, “I just hired a U.S. Veteran.”
@JoiningForces.” His guest on Wednesday night’s show was FLOTUS Michelle Obama; she was there to promote Joining Forces, “the initiative she and Jill Biden co-founded last year to encourage support for military families.” The goal of the initiative is to reduce the unemployment rate of veterans. Visit the Colbert Nation's website to watch clips from the episode. source (via • follow)
21:04 // 2 years ago
February 17, 2012
Report: Family emergency led “Colbert Report” to stop production
- what Earlier this week, with little warning, “The Colbert Report” stopped taping shows without offering a full explanation, leading to much speculation online. It was the first time that ever happened in the seven-year history of the show.
- why It appears the issue is family-related in nature. Reports suggest Stephen Colbert’s 91-year-old mother, Lorna, recently had a life-threatening medical emergency. The show itself wouldn’t confirm this, though. source
12:24 // 2 years ago
February 16, 2012
Maybe the truthiness was getting to be a little too much for Viacom to handle?
10:27 // 2 years ago
October 7, 2011
Stephen Colbert’s take on Steve Jobs … which is largely a quite funny look back, but ends on a very somber note.
13:13 // 2 years ago
December 2, 2010
November 5, 2010
Fun fact: “The Daily Show” top late-night show in demo
- 1.3M the rating “The Daily Show” earned among the key 18-49 demo last month
- 1.2M the rating “The Tonight Show” and “The Late Show” earned, meaning Jon Stewart beat them
- 900k the rating "The Colbert Report" earned in the demo, topping Jimmy Fallon source
10:56 // 3 years ago