Yahoo will pay new CEO Marissa Mayer handsomely for her services
- $70 million the amount Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer stands to make in the next five years alone
- $300 million her estimated net worth, largely gained from being an early (but longtime) Google employee
- $3M per year between annual salary and bonus — or $15 million in five years
- $42M in stock options and other awards for the former Google employee
- $14M in restricted options meant to make up for Google stock lost source
» Costly management changes: In roughly a year, Yahoo has had to make multiple transitions at the top — and each time, it has cost the company millions. When Carol Bartz left Yahoo, she received a $10 million severance package. When Scott Thompson was forced out, he didn’t get a severance, but he got to keep a $7 million financial package he received after he left Paypal. Not bad for less than six months of work.