The coolest place on the internet, according to this tagline.
Ask • Archive • FAQ
May 24, 2013
Abstinence-only education is now illegal in Illinois. A bill passed two days ago by the state senate will require that schools with sex education classes include units on birth control. Schools can opt out of sex education altogether if they so desire (as they can now), and they’ll still have to teach that abstinence is the only absolute, surefire way to prevent pregnancy and STIs, but now they’ll have to provide information on contraceptives as well. The governor is expected to sign the bill. source
16:46 // 1 year ago
January 13, 2011
How extreme are Illinois’ huge state tax increases, guys?
- 67% the size of Illinois’ tax increase, quickly pushed through this week by some lame ducks
- 5% the current tax rate, up from 3 percent – a change retroactive to January 1st
- $3,300 the amount you’ll have to pay in state taxes now if you had to pay $2,200 before source
9:22 // 3 years ago
January 11, 2011
Illinois about to become sixteenth state without death penalty
- then Since January of 2000, Illinois hasn’t executed anybody on death row, because it was discovered that the state executed people later found to be innocent.
- now In a slow-coming-but-now-here move, Pat Quinn is about to sign legislation abolishing the death penalty in the state. They’ll be joining 15 states and DC. source
21:37 // 3 years ago