09:22 • 2 years ago
- 67% the size of Illinois’ tax increase, quickly pushed through this week by some lame ducks
- 5% the current tax rate, up from 3 percent – a change retroactive to January 1st
- $3,300 the amount you’ll have to pay in state taxes now if you had to pay $2,200 before source
21:37 • 2 years ago
- then Since January of 2000, Illinois hasn’t executed anybody on death row, because it was discovered that the state executed people later found to be innocent.
- now In a slow-coming-but-now-here move, Pat Quinn is about to sign legislation abolishing the death penalty in the state. They’ll be joining 15 states and DC. source