- Forty-one percent of Iowa voters still haven’t picked a candidate
- Democrats set up “war room” in Iowa
- Democrats attack Romney with Bain lay-off stories
- President Obama to address caucus-goers
- Mitt Romney campaign confident on caucus day
- Perry to skip New Hampshire, head to South Carolina after Iowa
- All the candidates will be holding final events throughout Iowa before settling in at their respective watch parties in the evening.
- How do the Republican Iowa caucuses work anyway?: TPM has a rundown of how voting takes place on caucus night.
- Candidates make closing arguments in Iowa
That first one is exactly why, polls be damned, anything could happen today. Well, except the late-stage return of Herman Cain. Cain, by the way, says he hasn’t endorsed anyone yet, despite rumors that Newt Gingrich was atop his list.
You can’t have a debate without saying 999 in a debate.Michele Bachmann • Bringing up the ghost of Herman Cain again, mentioning her new “Win Win Win” plan in the process. Does she think that’s going to bring her back in the polls again?
What might be next for Herman Cain? Because I have no doubt that there is a TV-radio future if you wanted one.Sean Hannity • Discussing what Herman Cain should do next, now that he’s suspended his presidential campaign. Hannity had Cain on his show Thursday night, his first TV appearance since he suspended his campaign amidst allegations of a long-term sexual affair about a week ago. He has since endorsed Newt Gingrich. source (via • follow)
recursiveselfimprovement asks: When Cain says "suspended", what exactly does he mean by that? Is that just a fancy way of saying "I am quitting the race this time around but mark my words next time this country will be mine" or is it actually "hey I'mma brb from the race for a bit"?
» SFB says: It leaves the door open for him to return if he so wants. On top of this, if he wants to keep his federal matching funds if he returns, this allows him to do so. But if he endorses someone, that might hurt his ability to return. — Ernie @ SFB
I AM NOT GOING TO BE SILENCED, AND I’M NOT GOING AWAYHerman Cain • Emphasizing that he will remain as a public figure, saying he would promote “The Cain Solution” from here on out, as a Plan B.