The coolest place on the internet, according to this tagline.
Ask • Archive • FAQ
April 4, 2013
Weekly jobless numbers hit a four month high
- 385k applications for unemployment benefits were filed in the United States last week, up roughly 28,000 from the previous seven day period, and 35,000 claims higher than many analysts had predicted. It also marks the second straight week of increased jobless numbers, and raised the four-week moving average to 354,250. source
14:51 // 8 months ago
January 24, 2013
Weekly jobless claims hit a new five-year low
- 330k state unemployment benefit claims were filed last week according to the latest report from the U.S. Department of Labor. That’s the lowest weekly jobless claims number to be reported in five years (January 2008) and also marked the lowest four-week average for the same numbers since March 2008. source
15:35 // 10 months ago
October 28, 2010
In this post, we try to find silver lining in mediocre jobless numbers
- good New jobless claims this week are at their lowest number in about three months. Not great, but a definite improvement!
- better Continuing jobless claims fell to their lowest level since late 2008. Hopefully that keeps up so we can stop complaining. source
10:36 // 3 years ago
October 3, 2010
Nevada is stuck in the abyss of recession with no way out
- 3.8% the state’s unemployment numbers a decade ago – pretty good, right?
- 14.4% the state’s jobless numbers now – and it’s even worse when you get to Las Vegas
- 44 number of months the state has led the country in foreclosure numbers – nearly four years source
11:37 // 3 years ago