The inspectors cited poor hand hygiene and one of the kitchen sinks’ lack of hot running water, according to a story in the Financial Times. The officials said Noma didn’t respond quickly enough to emails from the kitchen worker and guests who said they were ill.
Bjorn Wirlander, head of control at the Danish food authority, told the Financial Times that people were affected by “a cocktail of different noroviruses” that unwittingly was brought in by an employee in the kitchen, where food was contaminated.
Bloomberg, citing the safety inspectors’ report, said that the restaurant—whose 20-course tasting menu costs 1,500 kroner ($261)—was taking measures to correct any issues.
This wasn’t just any restaurant—Nora is often referred to as ”the best restaurant in the world,” and is so popular that it’s booked out for many months into the future. No word on whether people are looking to drop reservations as a result of the outbreak.
15:16 // 9 months ago