Five things that will make you gouge your eyes out from SXSW
- one Google is showing off a new piece of footwear at its Art, Copy & Code booth. It’s a shoe. That can talk. For some reason your Reebok Pumps seem much cooler than this.
- two The uh, sexy, hookup site Bang With Friends has a SXSW-specific site called “Bang With SXSW,” which should ensure that you’ll remain lonely for the rest of the year.
- three Author Neil Gaiman, who’s an extremely creative guy, spoke during a SXSW panel on creativity with “Two and a Half Men” creator Chuck Lorre, who’s anything but.
- four As a marketing stunt, the cable network Syfy created a pop-up hotel, which would be useful as there’s never anywhere to stay in Austin during this time of year, except there are only a handful of rooms, and the network didn’t bother to tell people about the lodging space ahead of time.
- five Speaking of temporary lodging, there are augmented-reality porta potties which tell passing customers how long you’ve been inside. Get ready to punch everyone around you.
March 10, 2013 // 12:11 // 12 months ago