Prominent Republicans respond to Mitt Romney’s “gifts” comments
- Gov. Branstad “I don’t think it’s helpful. I guess my feeling is that we need to turn the page, and we need to focus on the future and not make excuses for the past.”
- Gov. Jindal "We need to continue to show how our policies help every voter out there achieve the American Dream, which is to be in the middle class, which is to be able to give their children an opportunity to be able to get a great education. … So, I absolutely reject that notion, that description. I think that’s absolutely wrong."
- Gov. Scott “It’s wrong, it’s not true. What we’ve got to do is say we want every vote, we want to take care of every citizen in our state”
- Sen. Rubio “I don’t believe that we have millions and millions of people in this country that don’t want to work. I’m not saying that’s what [Romney] said. I think we have millions of people in this country that are out of work and are dependent on the government because they can’t find a job.”
- Sen. Ayotte “The campaign is over and what the voters are looking for us to do is to accept their votes and go forward and we’ve got some big challenges that need to be solved. I don’t know the full context of them but I don’t agree with them.” source
November 15, 2012 // 17:58 // 1 year ago